Saturday, July 22, 2006

One finished sock!

I stayed up way too late again last night. I finished my sock. I like how firm it is, yet I'm not sure if it's a wee tiny bit too snug. Maybe come winter we'll see how it works out. I've also been spindling a bit. It's amazing how much faster I'm able to produce yarn now that I've learned to let the spindle dangle. It took me a long time to do the white singles with the "park and draft" method - where you twist the spindle, then hold it in your lap while you draft the yarn. Yet I'm pleased with the results of my spinning.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I won again - on Dorothy's blog contest - she had originally drawn someone else's name, but they never got back to her, so she drew another name - me! Here's her blog -http://ddrbroderick.blogspot.com/ . And if any of ya'll can help her out - she needs some generous knitters to help out some of her friends who have lost everything. Thanks people, for any help you can give!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Socks are so addicted - once I get in the home stretch I always stay up way too late finishing it yet. Have you blocked it? Maybe it will relax a little and fit just perfect when you do. Congrats on winning Dorothy's contest!!

aija said...

Congrats on the win! :)

Olga said...

go you! congrats on winning your contest...i'm picking a winner tonight for my own, so good luck!

and thanks for the good wishes on my blog!

KnitYoga said...

Congratulations on your win and on the finished sock!

aija said...

Hi!!

You've won the STR from my little contest-- congrats! Drop me a line w/ your mailing particulars & it'll be in the mail to you! :)

Yay!
Aija

aija said...

Hehe, email me @ oscillateATEgmail*com :)