Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Latest

I've finished the gusset decreases, and working my way toward the toe. I was working on this last night, and kind of getting bored with it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm not really sure what I want to do next. I did work on some beaded jewelry last night. I made a necklace and bracelet set. The bead colors are deep red beads, cream, and kind of an amber color. I think they came out pretty nice. Although I might redo the bracelet, because I'd like to include some of the amberish beads in it.

I also found out yesterday that I won on Karla's blog contest: http://karlacardell.blogspot.com/ . Yipee! I'm going to receive some more yarn! Thanks Karla!

I also wanted to say a hearty thank you to all the generous people out there in the world. Like all the knit bloggers who hold contests. Like the little girl who smiled at me today while I was driving and she was taking a walk. Like all the other people who do little or big acts of kindness - thanks! Thanks for making someone's day. Thanks for making someone's load a little lighter, even if it's only by an ounce! You make a difference! You may not know that just a simple smile, or a gift of stitch markers, can really boost someone's spirits. Thanks people - you are an incredible blessing to me!

3 comments:

CygKnit said...

I can't seem to find your email (Blogger is being difficult), but I wanted to thank you for your comment. You gave me the perfect amount of detail and a great point of view.

Oh, and I've added you to the drawing, too :)

aija said...

w00t! Congrats on the win, yay!!

Joanne said...

You are so right about small kindnesses! They make the world a sweeter place to be.

I hear you about finding a quiet time to be on your own. Sometimes this is so necessary! Glad you found that time, even though you might be a bit tired now!