Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well, you're just gonna have to take my word for it....



I tried and tried to post some pictures of fibery goodness that arrived at my house this week, but alas, Blogger would not cooperate. :(

From Mandy, I received a gorgeous skein of Lana Grossa cotton sock yarn color 2213 and 2 sets of handmade stitch markers, very lovely.

From Allison, I received a "Knit Tea Party" which consisted of 2 different tins of tea, one is "white tropics" and the other "mango melange". Also 2 Knit Picks Palatte balls - one in the color "Pool", which is a nice cool blue, and the other is "Mint", which is green, of course. I felt like taking the Nestea Plunge when I received that, LOL! Very nice!

And from Stacey, I received a skein of Malabrigo in Red Java, a skein of Knit Picks Sock Garden in Pansy, some Aran Weight silk in a deep purple color, (wow, I've never worked with silk before), a bag of fiber for spinning, a handmade soap, a handmade bag- works great for socks or other small projects, a Mary Kay zippered bag - inside were 2 balls of Debbie Bliss merino aran, a smaller Mary Kay bag with some creams and such inside, a Mohave California postcard - and I think that's every thing! (whew!)

Am I spoiled, er I mean, Blessed, or What?! Thanks everyone!

Also, thanks for all your sympathies on my burning eyeball situation. I was able to wear my contacts the next day, without problem, thank God! :) So everythings fine in that department!
Oh, and I finished another dishrag, and a hat. I made the hat out of Paton's Divine - it's a Mohair blend type yarn- bulky weight, and fuzzy. The hat came out nice and cushy. It matches the shawl I made a while back. I also cast on for another hat - in gray acrylic. It's to match a basketweave scarf (of the same yarn) I finished a while back. These are for Christmas presents for my grandparents who live in the Northeast. Yay!

Well, that's all for now, hope ya'll are having a great week so far!

No comments: