Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I really wanted to post some pics of what I did this past weekend, but I couldn't upload them onto my computer. I need to get the software, or upload them on a different computer then put them on mine.
Well, anyways, I've really been enjoying being on Ravelry. I enjoy reading all the stuff on there. I find it very inspiring to have a community of like-minded fiber lovers!
So I guess I'm going to have an excuse from now on called, "Ravelry made me do it!" Ha Ha.
I was reading messages about dyeing with Koolaid, and also Easter egg dye. I got out some singles I'd spindle spun, and some carded batts, and even some uncarded, but washed wool, and had some fun. Back in 2006 or so, I tried dying with Easter egg dye, but just kept the colors straight from the package, no mixing. This time I tried combining a few colors. I was pretty pleased with the experiment. I liked how the ee dye colors were more toned down, rather than the neon-ish colors you get with the straight-from-the package dye. Next time I go to the grocery store, I'm going to stock up on lots of Koolaid for more dyeing fun in the future! Yay!

No comments: